This event is FREE and lunch is provided!
Epworth Children's Home
2900 Millwood Ave, Columbia, SC 29205
October 15, 2016
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
The 3-fold purpose of the summit:
- To address the issues and needs of children, especially in South Carolina, and identify ways that congregations can make an intentional difference through partnerships and advocacy
- To provide some training for persons who work with children
- To connect with the Pan-Methodist Campaign for Children in Poverty and participate as an outreach of Hood Seminary
Goal: To bring persons together across denominational lines who work with children and are willing to explore ways to make a difference in their lives.
The Summit will:
- Explore possibilities for future ministry to children across denominational lines in the state of South Carolina
- Share examples of what congregations, districts, and conferences are doing in the Pan-Methodist Campaign for Children in Poverty
- Provide workshops and resources to assist parents, grandparents and others in the process of nurturing children in a wholesome environment
Pre-register prior to September 15 at http://tinyurl.com/epworthsummit